|Map by Rustbelt Cartography|
This year, I reckoned to do the following:
15. Read "Batman: Haunted Gotham." It's a little tough, the comic is really hammy.
14. Play along with whatever in the World Ben Lathrop's werewolf thing is. over at his blog
13. Watch some Casper, the Friendly Ghost, Wendy, the Witch, and Hotstuff cartoons.
12. Re-watch the Scooby Doo movies from the early Aughts.
11. Play Betrayal At the House On the Hill.
10. Write a major Crawlspace event specially for the season.
9. Check out Troll 2.
8. Finally visit one of the big haunted houses that own abandoned strip malls these days.
7. Find the movie about Count Down, Dracula's son, the one with Ringo Starr as Merlin in it.
6. Read "The Devil And Daniel Webster."
5. Watch any new IFC "After Midnight" or of the new Hammer Horror flicks that I come across.
4. Re-watch The Fearless Vampire Killers. It'll be nice to see how it sounds in English finally.
3. Listen to a radio theater episode of the Shadow.
2. Watch an old Hammer Horror flick with Peter Cushing and Christoper Lee in it.
Here's what I've done to date.
#2-#5 were easy ones for me. Peryton has helped me find more than six Hammer Horror flix featuring Peter Cushing, if only one with Christopher Lee. An old pulp fan, like me, can listen to the Shadow any time that he wants, I have cassette tapes as well as internet based programming. Netflix was more than obliging at providing both The Fearless Vampire Killers and plenty of IFC horror movies-- A person should watch European horror flix because they're the way horror should be, just a little more than a little campy.
#10 had been being worked on since mid-September. The "rough" final was released last Friday, Oct 18 just before midnight locally. Please check it out and share the news with friends.
#14 Ooops, I forgot one. I had better get on that.
Well back to Halloweenying.